Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WIP Wednesday

It has been about a month since my last WIP Wednesday post.  It seems like life has been extra busy lately so there hasn't been as much time to sew.  I am hopeful things will slow down a bit for Summer and that I will have more time to play with fabric.

I made this tote for my Mom for Mother's Day.  She seemed to like it - so YAY!  The pattern I used is called Lucy's Beach Bag by Sweetwater.  This is the second time I have made this tote.  The fabric I used was Oh Deer! by MoMo for Moda fabrics and it is twill.  The lining of the bag is the same polka dotted print.

Mother's Day gift!

I also managed to get this quilt basted this past week.  I need to get busy quilting on this one as it needs to be finished by the beginning of June.

New Wave top
New Wave Quilt

Finally this week I basted another quilt!  Two quilts basted in one week - a new record!!  This quilt is for one of my dear friends soon to be born little boy.  Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of this one so far.  I added a gray border after this picture was taken.  

Brittany's boy#2

This quilt is a mixture of lots of different fabrics, but it mostly has Riley Blake Chevrons and Gingham's.  The baby's room is going to be bright, so this will fit in nicely.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday today at Freshly Pieced!

4 comments:

  1. The baby boy quilt is really playful...He will have some fun times on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love teh last one you posted. Pretty awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great bag. New wave is a fantastic pattern to show off prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new wave quilt and the tote! The colors on the boy quilt are really fun too! What a fun bunch to be working on.

    ReplyDelete