Friday, May 3, 2013

Pouches, Pouches, Pouches!

I don't know about you, but I am so glad it is Friday.  Yay!  I started making these pouches a few weeks ago and finished them up this week.

12 pouches

I am part of a local ladies service organization in my town, and this year I was in charge of the service chairs.  The service chairs were responsible for coordinating all of our organizations service activities for the year.  Since our end of year banquet is held in May, I wanted to give the service chairs a little something to thank them for their hard work but not spend a ton of money.

my favorite one
This one is my favorite!
When I saw this pattern on the Moda Bake Shop a few weeks ago, I thought this would be the perfect fit.  I am going to fill these pouches with candy and give them to the ladies on Monday.

favorite inside

The tutorial was easy to follow and this was the first time I had ever attempted a zipper.  Two broken needles later....I had twelve pouches!  I used a layer cake of Marmalade by Bonnie & Camille for Moda to whip up these sweet little clutches.  I even had 6 layer cake squares left.

Have a great weekend!  Linking up to Finish it Up Friday today.

3 comments:

  1. They look great! I used that tutorial too...it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! What lovely gifts. You should have some really happy participants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I love little pouches... even more so when they're filled with candy ;)

    ReplyDelete