Friday, May 31, 2013

New Wave Finish

I finished hand stitching the binding to the back of this quilt yesterday!  Woo hoo!  I was also able to throw it in the washing machine last night, so now it is nice and soft and ready for its recipient.  

New Wave finish!

As mentioned in a previous post, the pattern I used is New Wave Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.  I really enjoyed making this quilt and would like to remake it in some brighter colors someday.  The fabric I used for this masculine version is Curious Nature by Parson Gray.  I really liked working with that fabric line and probably have enough fabric leftover to make another quilt from.

New Wave quilting close up

I quilted the printed sections with a stipple using Aurifil thread in coordinating colors and stitched in the ditch along the solid sashing.  As usual, I neglected to take a picture of the back, but it is the same cocoon print as photographed above but navy blue instead of green.

I am linking this finish up to Finish it Up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts today.  Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Very handsome quilt! You did a superb job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sara hit the nail on the head... it is a very handsome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It is a beautiful finish, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sara - very handsome.

    ReplyDelete