Friday, May 17, 2013

Blocks for Boston

Like everyone, I was so upset and horrified about the bombings at the Boston Marathon several weeks ago.  I simply cannot understand how someone can have so much hate inside of them to attack innocent children and adults.  

When I heard the Boston Modern Quilt Guild was asking for quilt blocks to turn into quilts for the victims and affected families, I knew I wanted to help.  I made these two blocks and mailed them off today.


Blocks for Boston

The colors of the marathon are blue, yellow, gray and white.  The block on the left is made with City Weekend by Oliver & S for Moda and the block on the right is made from Bella Solids.  

There is still a little time left to send blocks to Boston.  They are asking for all blocks to be postmarked by next Friday - May 24th!

Linking up this finish to Finish it Up Friday today! 

2 comments:

  1. That's very kind of you. They are lovely blocks that suit the purpose beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks. I have been seeing posts of some of the quilts already done. It is such a great cause and the quilts are looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete